Friday, September 7, 2012

My Reading Bucket List

1. 13 Reasons Why - Jay Asher: The way the book was described to me made me anxious to read it. A little over a year ago, a friend of mine had committed suicide. No one really knows why she had made this decision, or what even gave her the idea to do such a thing to herself. I was thinking that maybe if I read this book, it would give me some kind of understanding of why anyone would want to take their own life.
2.City of Ashes - Cassandra Claire: I would not only like to read this book, but others of the series also. I have heard several people talk about this series as they have read it. I have heard it was good, but I don't like stories to be spoiled. Books are better when there are events that are not expected. I would like to add this book to my bucket list to see what is catching everyone's attention, and enjoy a good story.
3. To Kill a Mocking Bird- Harper lee: I have read this story before as a class reading as a freshman, but I do not seem to remember much of it. I would like to read it again to refresh my memory.To Kill a Mocking Bird is known to be a classic read. Several people have read it, and very much enjoyed it. I would be more than delighted to add it to my reading bucket list.
4. The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton: The Outsiders was also a class read for me. I am not really a big fan for stories about "greasers" and such things, but I enjoyed the book. Mrs. Bentley was my english teacher and we had read it in her class. I can remember the way she used to act out the things that happened in the book, and she would have us on the end of our seats! I would like to read this book, and think of her acting the book out, also to read the story I guess.
5. Matched - Ally Condle: After Mrs. Gillmore describing the book in class, it seemed interesting. Imagine the world as if it was a Utopian society! Marrying someone from a different state or even a different country and being with them for the rest of your life.. I am not so sure that the world could function correctly! The main character is so lucky to be matched with someone in her village! I would like to see what else happens in this story!
6. A Child Called "It" - Dave Pelzer: When I was in the fourth grade, my teacher Ms. Moser was currently reading this book. Ever since, all friends around me have read it. I began to read it in when I was nine and could'nt handle it.. the book began to give me nightmares and I could'nt bare to read it anymore. I want to actually finish it so I am putting it on my reading bucket list!
7. The Giving Tree - Shel Silversteen: I love Shel Silversteen's books! I have always liked his poem books growing up. Now that I'm older I feel as if I can have a better understanding of his meaning of his stories. If my bucketlist was longer I would've added more of his books!
8. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen:  I have heard so much about this book. Several people refer this book when explaining or expressing opinions about prejudice people. I feel as if reading this book could be a good experience for me.
9. Charlotte's Web - E.B. White: Charlotte's Web is a classic book and movie! This book is commonly a children's book, but it is just a great story. I love re-reading stories, and I havent read this book since I was eight years old. I would love to read it again. It is such a cute little story!
10. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Author unknown: I love stories about superhuman beings. Everything about them is just so exciting and interesting! The trailer looked like the book could be turned into a movie also! Well, you know what they say; "You have to read the book before you watch the movie." Ending the year with a good book is important. Therefore I will do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment